Answering Your Questions: How To Cook Vegetables So People Will Eat Them
Q. Starr asked, “Would you write a series about vegetables? A ‘How to cook them so people will eat them’ type of series.”
A. First of all, may we say that we are so proud of so many of our readers who have made it a goal to eat less fast food and junk food! It’s a challenge, we know, to substitute carrot sticks for French fries and veggie burgers for Big Macs! But, it’s SO VERY worth it!
That said, a lot of people did not grow up eating a variety of fresh vegetables. The vegetables they did eat came from a can and were served school cafeteria style. ICK! Well, it’s no wonder people say they don’t like vegetables!
In considering this request from our readers we had a stroke of genius. We want to share our best veggie recipes with you…but we also want to hear from you, our homemakers in the field! Here’s what we propose:
Let’s work together on this project!!!!
Send us your best veggie recipe! Then Kristina and I will prepare them and test them out on our special panel: our husbands and children. We’ll pick our favorites from among the submitted recipes, add our own tried-and-true veggie dishes and release them all together at once–in an ebook! Does that not sound AMAZING?!
Here are the details:
1. Submit your recipe by April 30, 2013 to email@example.com
2. Your recipe may contain things other than vegetables, such as grains, meat, cheese, etc. But, we want the vegetable to be the hero of the dish, not just the garnish or condiment.
3. You may submit as many recipes as you’d like.
4. We will choose our favorite 10 recipes. Those whose recipes we choose will receive a free pre-release copy of the ebook.!!!! You’ll receive full credit for inventing and submitting the recipe.
5. We’ll test the recipes in May and release all the recipes in June–just in time for the abundance of summer vegetables and Farmer’s Markets in full-swing all over the country!
6. Need we say this? It needs to be YOUR recipe. Don’t copy something out of Bon Appetit Magazine. It’s OK if it originated as someone else’s recipe and you’ve changed and adapted it for your family. But, no recipes verbatim from a cookbook, please. Thanks!
We can’t wait to see what wonderful and creative recipes you submit!!!
In the meantime, here are some of the veggie recipes from The Provision Room Recipe File. Hopefully, this will tide you over until the book release in June!
(Linked to Best Posts Of The Week, Through My Creative Mind, Manic Monday, Motivation Monday, Try A New Recipe Tuesday, Project Inspired at Cupcakes and Crinoline, Eco Kids, Frugally Sustainable, The Backyard Farming Connection, Wise Woman Link-Up, Tasty Traditions, Fight Back Fridays!, Farm Girl Friday Blog Fest and Tasty Traditions 24)